“Oil based paint is a toxic bomb in a can,” said Mitch Fine. That’s the kind of declaration you might expect to hear from an environmentalist activist’s soapbox. But Fine was sitting in the Harrison Street office of Armstrong Interior Painting, a contracting company of which he is the president. Even latex paint is toxic, Fine told the Bay Guardian. “Latex paint is oil suspended in water,” he continued, “It contains solvents like ethylene glycol, which can cause irritation to the eyes and respiratory tract, or anemia.